Sophia Yulirun Shao
Telephone: 07410 970463 Email: email@example.com
University of Edinburgh
MSc Design and Digital Media
September 2015 – August 2016
- Project and dissertation: ‘Don’t Touch: A Study of Modern Mobile Application Development’:
- Built a mobile app called ‘Don’t Touch’ using C#.
- Result: 70
Tianjin Polytechnic University, China
Bachelor’s Degree: Radio Broadcasting and TV Production
September 2011 – June 2015
- International study: Swansea University, Media and Communication (September 2014 – June 2015)
- Second major: Law
Aberdeen Standard Investments, Edinburgh
September 2018 – September 2019
- Manage and maintain 140 website across countries with the team.
Beauty Harbour Clinic, Edinburgh
February 2018 – present
- Spearheaded the development of the website of a prominent beauty clinic:
- Quickly built positive working relationships across the business to promote strong communication flow and maximise my contribution to commercial strategies.
- Built and integrated an online retail store into an existing website using WordPress.
- Designed new web pages and content, in line with existing branding.
- Continually evaluated and improved UX experience.
- Integrated tracking pixels to better monitor traffic and shape marketing strategy.
- Fielded technical issues; arrived at creative and practical solutions.
- Improved search engine optimisation (SEO).
Marketing and Operations Executive
August 2017 – February 2018
- Produced innovative and creative digital content in line with marketing plan:
- Delivered content across social media platforms – including Facebook, Instagram and WeChat – in line with optimal posting schedule to achieve organic reach targets.
- Created and managed online Amazon webstores to increase sales channels:
- Created content pages, and both uploaded and edited product details.
- Monitored speed and traffic. Analysed data to inform product marketing on social media platforms.
- Regularly evaluated and refined UX experience.
- Built sophisticated databases to improve product tracking.
- Systematically organised distribution, including managing international shipping logistics.
January 2016 – present
- Managed an ecommerce store:
- Analysed data to plan product listings and maximise sales.
- Created, uploaded and edited product details.
- Proactively engaged with customers and provided efficient and effective support.
Hubei Radio and Television, China
June – September 2012, June – September 2013
- Worked alongside journalists and reporters in the news team:
- Researched and investigated potentially newsworthy stories.
- Proactively engaged and interviewed a variety of people.
- Accompanied colleagues to witness and report on major events.
- Employed bespoke company software to edit news items.
- Fed into editorial decision making processes.
Technical Skills Overview
- Photoshop, Illustrator.
I am keen artist; both in digital and paint mediums. I regularly teach Mandarin to children aged between 6 and 16.